Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Starry-eyed me?



Hell, yeah. I am a starry-eyed fallen angel, so what? My eyes see into infinity and I like to fall apart. Does anyone have a problem with that?

This doesn't make me less wise or more unstable. It just makes me who I am, who I really am. I'm an freaking romantic: always reaching out for the unattainable, the mistery, the Night... the dark beyond the stars.

The voice of a thousand drums calls me into the wild, into His forest... into His arms. This longing for Him is ever present and I can't get rid of it. But it's just part of who I am too.

So I may be lost right now... or maybe I'm just shedding my old and now useless skin. And it's a painful process and it takes a lot of courage and strength to do it. And sometimes I get really tired, cause it seems the old skin is heavier than I thought... and other times it feels like that old skin is safer than the new one. But I don't want it anymore. It wasn't my own skin in the first place.

So, yeah, everything's a little messy right now. My feet are in the mud but my eyes are in the stars. And my heart is bleeding, beating, calling for you...

"The rhythm of this trembling heart is beating like a drum... it beats for you, it bleeds for you... it knows not how it sounds... for it is the drum of drums... it is the song of songs..." -A.L.-

Starry-eyed me? But of course... I am an entire universe walking on this planet... When was it otherwise?

No comments: