Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Art and life...


You know, I sometimes feel like I'm missing something... like there was this potential in me and I just haven't been able to even reach the edge of that ocean of creativity. And I always feel that when I find an artist that inspires me and see a glimpse of his or her mind.

It happened this time because of Brandon Boyd, vocalist of Incubus. I have wanted to buy his books for a long time now but still haven't had the chance. And so I was surfing around his website and stumble into his auto-sort-of bio. And his words struck something inside of me, that feeling I'm talking about. To read him talk about himself, his life, his art... I don't know why but it reminded me of something I still can't put my finger on.

"My life, as it were, is not unlike one of my drawings; a continually evolving, bulbous, mass of thought, after-thought, absurdity, intention and enthusiasm. Scribbled happily in ink without pencil lines and signed at the bottom." -Brandon Boyd-

It's really annoying 'cause I feel like I'm not living my life at all, like I'm just sitting on the edge of myself, contemplating me without jumping into life and bursting into a million colors and sounds.

But I don't know how to jump into it. I feel rusty and stiff. Still, I know I want to jump... hell, I'm gonna jump anyway. I know this artist in me is gonna wake up someday, like it has in the past and then go back to slumber, fermenting ideas and images until they are ready to flow out from my fingers... and come alive.

No comments: